Trades Specialist II (76445) READVERTISEMENT
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 4, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation-District 2
City: Laurens, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $18,229.00 - $33,728.00 Annually AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $27,519.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $33,728.00
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A 10th grade education and two and one-half (2.5) years of related trades experience; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations. A valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License are available.
Trades Specialist II (76445) RE-ADVERTISEMENT Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Are you currently employed with SCDOT?
* 2. What is your highest level of education completed?
- 10th grade completed
- 11th grade completed
- High School or GED completed
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
* 3. What class driver's license do you possess?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class E
- Class F
4. If you currently work for SCDOT, what is your position?
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are still being considered and do not need to reapply.
- Operates slope mower with a Buzz Bar attachment and Flail mower in the limbing operations on highway right-of-ways.
- Operates slope mower in the clearing of right-of-ways.
- Operates tandem ten-wheel dump truck; 5 to 10 yard standard dump truck and flatbed truck for hauling materials such as asphalt, limestone, dirt, soil, cement, pipe, construction materials and debris.
- Operates front end loader in the loading of materials needed for maintenance operations such as earth materials, clay, sand, pipe, and aggregate.
- Assists in the setup of work zones to include the placement of temporary signage.
- Operates truck mounted plows and sand spreaders in snow and ice removal as necessary.
- Performs other related job duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
Apply online and fully complete all sections of the application. A resume may be provided, but will not substitute for completing any section of the application. Accurately respond to all Supplemental Questions since they are part of your official application and are used to initially screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required timeframe will result in termination of employment. If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT.
OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.