Trades Specialist III (61034782)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 4, 2018
Organization: State of South Carolina Department of Transportation
City: Greenwood, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: STATE SALARY RANGE: $22,182.00 - $41,046.00 Annually AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $28,895.00 AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $41,046.00
- A 10th grade education and three and one-half (3.5) years of related trades experience; or an approved acceptable equivalence in accordance with State Human Resources Regulations.
- A valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License. (NOTE): This position requires a valid Class "A" Commercial Driver's License within six (6) months of placement in the position. However, applicants without a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License will be considered if no qualified applicants with a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License are available.
Trades Specialist III (76426) Supplemental Questionnaire:
* 1. Are you currently employed with SCDOT?
* 2. What is your highest level of education completed?
- 10th grade completed
- 11th grade completed
- High School or GED completed
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
* 3. What class driver's license do you possess?
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class E
- Class F
4. If you currently work for SCDOT, what is your position?
5. If you do not currently work for SCDOT, what road maintenance and heavy equipment experience do you have?
(* Required Question)
Assists in the preparation and loading of materials; 250 gallon totes of paint and loading 2,000 pounds bags of beads into striper truck as needed, for daily operations. Drives paint truck and/or operates equipment end of the striper truck. Ensures the safety of workers and the traveling public by placing work signs and cones, flagging, and setting up work zones on roadway in accordance with SCDOT MUTCD. Performs preventive maintenance operations and assists in repairs and adjustments of striping vehicles and equipment. Installs hot thermoplastic pavement markings during the striping off-season. Operates equipment and installs raised pavement markers when necessary. Performs manual labor in various maintenance tasks as needed to assist other crews within the county unit. Performs pre-trip inspections of all vehicles and equipment needed for daily operations. Assists with county road inspections and straightening of signs during rainy periods. Performs other related job duties as directed.
If you have any questions, please contact WANDA DAY, SC DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, 510 W. ALEXANDER AVENUE, GREENWOOD, SC 29646. Phone: (864) 227-6971.
A RESUME MAY BE INCLUDED BUT NOT SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING THE ENTIRE APPLICATION. RESUMES ARE NOT REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT MEETS REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF THE APPLICATION AND MUST BE COMPLETED.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
510 W. Alexander Avenue
Greenwood, SC 29646