Truck Care Non-Commissioned Mechanic
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2019
Organization: Goodyear Tires and Rubber
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $15 to $28 hourly
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Technical certification
- Previous commercial truck service.
- Strong oral communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
As a Non-Commissioned Mechanic you will work in a Pilot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. You will perform the following service on commercial highway trucks and trailers:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform light mechanical maintenance on commercial highway trucks and trailers including:
- Lube, oil change, filter service
- Brakes & Air System
- Determine service requirements from commercial truck drivers and communicate to Service Supervisor and/or Service Technicians
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to management.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service calls, diagnosing issues, and performing on-site repairs and/or replacements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Properly maintain assigned Service Vehicle including appearance of on-board service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
- Comply with OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, wearing proper PPE, using and using tire cages.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
112 Frontage Rd
Piedmont, SC 29673
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.