US Census jobs
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 10, 2019
Organization: US Census Bureau
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: $13.30 to $24.00 hourly
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends
Office Operations Supervisor (OOS): Assists in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities required to support field operations, recruiting, IT support, and administrative activities. The OOS supervises, schedules, and assigns work to clerks and oversees related office operations.
Clerk: Performs various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functions, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations, and support functions.
Census Field Supervisor (CFS): Supervises Enumerators/Listers. CFSs train their staff, monitor progress and performance, troubleshoot issues and provide instructions, approve time and expense reports, and may document and recommend termination actions.
Enumerator/Lister: Conducts field activities such as updating address lists and maps, conducting in-person interviews to gather census data, and conducting other follow-up activities.