Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Organization: International Paper
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting pay is $14.40/ hour (if Performance permits will raise to $17.65 – $18.50/hr. after 60 day probation) .25/hr. differential for 2nd and 3rd shift Full Benefit Package
- Successful candidates must be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Moderate to heavy lifting and frequent bending
- Weekend work and overtime is expected
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Utility Persons fill in throughout the Converting or Corrugator departments in entry level positions.
- Works at the direction of the operator.
- Obtains required waste dunnage for top and bottom protector sheets for units.
- Obtains required load tags for correct order identification.
- Makes ready the load former for production run.
- Assist helper and operator in house cleaning work.
- Assist in clearing machine jams when necessary.
- Completes Helper’s duties when appropriate or instructed to do so.
- Performs the “Top Box per Unit” quality check by folding up a box in the open position and checking for quality defects such as; glue joint, print quality, correct folding of all scores, and quality of board.
- Responsible to the department supervisor for the quality and quantity of work produced.
- Operates the control panel for the down stacker.
- Makes designated quality checks on all orders including checks for multiple outs.
- Reports any non-conforming spec. to the Knife Operator.
- Discards any waste generated from paper changes as well as any defects observed throughout the run.
- Moves plastic tubes into place to receive stacks of sheets.
- Properly marks each stack of sheets with the correct identification.
- Releases loads for the stock handler.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Reports any safety hazards and unsafe acts to the department supervisor.