Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Organization: Four Paws Animal Clinic
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Rapid and efficient in multitasking
Able to maintain composure in a fast paced, emotional environment
Available to work 7:45am to 6:00pm and rotating Saturday's
Able to lift 50 pounds
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, LVMT) preferred.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with the states Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer wellness options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Vet techs may perform nail trims, clean bandage wounds, check vital statisitics, collect samples, perform laboratory testing, place IV catheters, perform x-rays, and adminster medication.