Waste Water Technician
Date Posted: November 11, 2021
Deadline: November 27, 2021
Organization: SC Pet Food Solutions, LLC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Depends on experience
Job Title: Wastewater Operator
Location: Ward, South Carolina
Reports To: Environmental Manager
Wage Plan/Exemption: Exempt/Non-Exempt
Responsible for the technical aspects of wastewater plant operations to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations. Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Environmental Manager and subject to review through testing and reports.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Operate and monitor DAF treatment system, anaerobic and aerobic lagoons and contact chamber.
- Perform all aspects of sampling, monitoring and adjusting required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process.
- Assess the environmental risk of activities and advise management of potential environmental impact
- Maintain environmental records and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely environmental reports that are submitted internally and to external agencies
- Perform/participate in required environmental training and other company training as necessary
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the company
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma / GED
- Ability to obtain a South Carolina biological wastewater operator license.
- Experience in wastewater operations desirable
- Good organizational, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Pay dependent upon certification and experience
- 2 weeks of vacation
- Medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Hot, humid environment at times, as well as cold, wet conditions for up to 12 hour shift.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, including lifting at shoulder level or higher.
- Lift and carry up to 100 lbs. on an infrequent basis, including lifting at shoulder level or above.
It may be an understatement to say that we work every day to uphold our company’s core values. Because being a servant leader, committed to relationships, pioneering, results driven and tenacious are not just ideals we work towards. We live them. We breathe them. These values are the true essence of how we work and are in every product, service, and opportunity we offer.
- Servant Leader to All – Humbly listening to and serving our employees, customer, and suppliers
- Committed to Relationships – Caring about the long-term well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers
- Pioneering – Using our industry knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to connect our stakeholders to innovative solutions
- Results-Driven – Having an intense desire to go beyond what is expected
- Tenacious – Persevering in all that we do
Every other Sunday
1299 Duncan Rd
Ward, SC 29166
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.