Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 17, 2020
Organization: Greenwood CPW
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Grade 9 ($35,830 – $50,162)
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one to two years of experience in equipment operations and/or water system installation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires possession of a CDL license within six (6) months of employment. Must possess an Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Certification or be able to obtain within one year of hire. Must possess a Water Distribution Operator Trainee Permit or be able to obtain within six (6) months of hire. Must possess a Level “D” Water Distribution Operator License within two (2) years of hire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Installs and/or maintains water lines, valves, hydrants and water meters; flushes and sanitizes water lines to prepare for use.
- Locates water lines, valves, boxes, etc.
- Assists in making water taps.
- Clears and maintains right-of-ways.
- Transports equipment from one work site to another as needed.
- Performs directional boring as needed.
- Detects and reports any unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Operates a track hoe, backhoe, boom truck, skid steer, bush hog, dump truck and broom tractor as needed for the installation, maintenance and repair of water lines and other system components; exercises caution to avoid damage to any underground utilities.
- Operates a vehicle and a wide variety of machinery and equipment, including a tapping machine, boring machine, jack hammer, compaction tamp, roller, atmospheric tester, air compressor, pipe horn, cement mixer, weed eater, pressure washer, pumps, pipe threader, etc., as well as various hand and power tools and supplies as necessary for daily tasks.
- Maintains assigned equipment, vehicles and tools.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work performed.
- Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes, and standards of safety and quality.
- Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
- Works on call as scheduled for emergencies.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, customers, contractors, utility companies, City/County personnel, and the general public.
Under occasional supervision, performs water system construction and maintenance; operates heavy equipment as required. Reports to the Crew Foreman.
121 W. Court Ave.
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.