Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Organization: Bahnson Mechanical Systems
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, and other mechanical, technical, or construction programs.
- Familiarity with project management/document control software.
- Familiarity with construction/financial software packages.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Welder position is a critical role for the company. This individual will follow all safety rules and regulations and work as a part of a team daily. The Welder will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms in the mechanical environment, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form. Observes tests on welded surfaces to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper. Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment. Ignites torch and adjust valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
52 Pelham Davis Cir,
Greenville, SC s
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.