Welder - B Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Certification in welding from an accredited technical school or third party accredited source that provides a validated certification according to AWS D1.3 standard (example - welding certification from Piedmont Technical College)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
- Previous experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, and/or operating instructions.
- Previous experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Previous experience with ERP systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
In the Production Associate Welder role, you will set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (steel, aluminum, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral or written instructions or prototypes.
- Weld parts using proper machine settings and rod or wire and gas selections as well as fabricate fixtures to aid in the welding process.
- Manually locate details on complex assemblies in welding sequence for a variety of non-repetitive structural assembly fabrication, with or without fixtures.
- Be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.