Date Posted: March 31, 2021
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Organization: AFC Urgent Care
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary range $18-23 per hour. Full time employees are provided: (once eligibility is met) PTO options up to 80-120 hours per year Paid Holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Medical, Dental, Vision plans Supplemental option for Life, Accident, & Cancer Retirement plans
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training. ARRT-registered or board eligible preferred. SCRQSA licensed. Medical Assistant Certification or registry, Practical Nursing License, EMT or Paramedic certification or license preferred.
Perform radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and disease. In addition to x-ray tech duties, this position may also serve as medical assistant (additional job description required).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet patient, ensure that the patient has removed all jewelry and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is not pregnant.
- Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of the body as requested by the physician.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Process images and review for proper identification and quality control.
- Utilize both digital and non digital diagnostic imaging equipment, ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques and all AFC Urgent Care policies and procedures.
- Prepare images for reading by physician as well as contact any additional physicians if a second opinion is needed.
- Aid physician with prescribed patient treatments in accordance with approved standards, policies, procedures and protocol as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs.
- Treat people with respect, Inspire trust of others, work with integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
474 Bypass 72 NW
Greenwood , SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.