Dual Enrollment F.A.Q.

Who is eligible?

Any high school rising junior or senior can apply.

What classes are offered?

Course offerings are determined by the College and the school you attend. Typically, a wide range of general education courses are offered: from English and History, to Macroeconomics and Trigonometry.

Will my credits transfer?

Piedmont Technical College offers more than 80 courses approved to transfer to any senior public institution in the state by the SC Commission of Higher Education. Many private colleges in the state also accept them. All four-year public senior institutions in South Carolina also have transfer equivalent guides, which list other courses that will transfer.  These guides may be obtained directly from the senior institution or from PTC's Transfer Coordinator. For more information, visit Piedmont Technical College's Transfer web site, or the South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center.

It is the student’s responsibility to contact and receive written assurance from any nonpublic institution in South Carolina or any public or private institution outside South Carolina of that institution’s willingness to accept a dual enrollment course toward degree requirements.


Is it right for everyone?

Before applying, you should understand that the Dual Enrollment Program is an opportunity to take courses at the college level, so the amount of work necessary to succeed is usually much greater than in high school courses. Because dual enrollment courses become part of a permanent college transcript, you must commit to doing the work required.

How do I apply?

Click here for information about getting started.