Piedmont Technical College’s online and on-campus Dual Enrollment courses allow high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit for a fraction of the cost of tuition, with a flexible, convenient format that is available to students in PTC's service region. To enroll in Dual Enrollment courses, you must be a high school junior or senior.
» Learn more about Dual Enrollment at PTC.
All students will be subject to the college's rules and regulations. Provisional credit will be granted for work completed satisfactorily. Credit that is applicable toward a degree will be granted after high school graduation.
Students will receive lottery tuition assistance if they take two (2) classes or six (6) credit hours within the same semester. Bills will be sent out several weeks after classes begin.
- Apply for Admission to Piedmont Technical College
The first step in enrolling in dual enrollment courses is to apply to the college. To do so, submit an online application here
- Submit a Dual Enrollment Form
- Obtain the necessary registration forms from your school counselor or
- Download a printable registration form
- Submit your dual enrollment form after you have filled out and submitted your PTC application
- Submit a Copy of Your Birth Certificate
Your birth certificate is required for admission to PTC. If your school counselor has a copy of your birth certificate on file, you can work with them to submit a copy to the PTC Dual Enrollment Office.
- Submit High School Transcript
Your high school transcript helps us determine appropriate course placement for you. Please work with your school counselor (or home school association) to send a copy of your transcript to our office.
If you have already earned appropriate scores on the PSAT, Pre-ACT, SAT or the ACT, or if you have a good High School GPA and you've done well in your classes, then you may not have to take Piedmont Tech's placement test.
Placement Test exemption criteria:
- A High School GPA of at least 3.0 will waive the placement test.
- A "C" or higher in a college level English and Math course from a regionally accredited or approved institution.
- A minimum score of 19 on ACT Math, PreACT Math waives the Math portion; and a minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading or PreACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A minimum SAT or PSAT score of at least 450 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion; and a minimum score of 450 on Math waives the Math portion.
- Students wishing to enroll in upper level math courses such as MAT 111, MAT 130, MAT 140, MAT 141 will need to provide PreACT/ACT/PSAT/SAT scores or complete the placement test.
If you do not meet the criteria above, please contact our office to request placement testing (864-941-8315 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Register for Classes
Register for classes at your high school with your school counselor. For summer classes, online courses, or PTC classes, register through Piedmont Tech's Dual Enrollment Office by calling (864) 941-8315.
Not all PTC courses are open to dual enrollment students due to special program requirements. For example, PTC limited-enrollment health care programs have special entry requirements, including a minimum age limit of 18.
Please note: Because high school calendars may not match the Piedmont Technical College calendar, if you register to take dual enrollment classes taught at a PTC site, you may be required to attend classes at PTC on days that classes are not scheduled to be held at your high school (example: Spring Break).
- Obtain Your PTC Pathway Account Information
PTC Pathway allows you to go online to access your course schedule, grades, academic records, tuition balance, financial statements, and certain student services. At the time of enrollment, the college will assign you a random PTC ID (P#) that is used to log into your PTC Pathway account. The password is the first and second letters of your last name (lower case), a period, and your birthdate formatted as MMDDYY. Example: John Smith was born October 5, 1980. His password is sm.100580.
- Purchase Textbooks
If textbooks are necessary, check with your high school counselor for purchase information. You can also check out our online bookstore to purchase what is required.