Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) serves 165 eligible participants each year. It is designed to provide academic support to students who are low income, first generation and /or have a documented disability.
The TRiO Student Support Services program at Piedmont Technical College is committed to increasing retention, graduation and transfer through academic, career and personal advising.
SSS provides valuable support and services that will assist in student success and persistence towards graduation. SSS serves to motivate and help students to accomplish their goals by offering comprehensive individualized support.
Student Support Services is a part of TRiO and federally funded by the Department of Education.
The TRiO Student Support Services program is committed to providing quality academic services to improve the overall success of our participants while increasing their exposure to cultural, educational, and career-related activities. Improved persistence, graduation, and transfer rates are top priorities.
Student Support Services Program Benefits and Services
As a participant in the Student Support Services Program you will have access to the following benefits and services:
- A single point of contact for academic support, career readiness, financial aid, and/or transfer related questions
- Personalized academic support based on the students’ needs
- Additional three (3) hours of tutoring weekly (at no additional cost to the student)
An array of topics such as:
- Time/Stress Management
- Exam Prep and Study Skills
- Financial Literacy (money management, budgeting, financial aid/scholarships). CashCourse provides free financial education resources for colleges. To access the PTC CashCourse page, go to http://www.cashcourse.org.
- Career Readiness (resumes, networking, interviewing)
- Transfer Information
See a complete list of dates, times and locations for these workshops.
- Cultural/educational activities and trips
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- Access to check out laptops and graphing calculators (if available)
All services offered to Student Support Services participants are free.