MOS Certification Certificate
Business Information Technology Public Service and Commercial Art
This program is designed to help students develop the computer application skills necessary to complete their Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification. Holding a MOS certification can boost an individual’s employment potential and may increase his/her entry-level salary. Students who complete this certificate may continue their education by enrolling in the associate’s degree program in Administrative Office Technology.
|REQUIRED COURSE INFORMATION|
|AOT 133||Professional Development||3.0|
|AOT 165||Information Processing Software||3.0|
|CPT 101||Introduction to Computers||3.0|
|CPT 172||Microcomputer Data Base||3.0|
|CPT 270||Advanced Microcomputer Applications||3.0|
|CPT 274||Advanced Microcomputer Spreadsheets||3.0|
|IST 281||Presentation Graphics||3.0|
|Total Credit Hours||24.0|
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate helps students develop the computer application skills necessary to complete their Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification. Holding a MOS certification can boost an individual's employment potential and may increase his/her entry-level salary.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate independent, high-level (specialist) application of computer software in the business environment.
- Perform contemporary office management processes and procedures accurately and independently.
- Demonstrate appropriate business behavior and etiquette compatible with job demands.
- Apply professional business concepts to career situations.
- This program can be completed on a part-time or full-time basis. Many classes are available online, and students can start any semester.
- Developmental classes should be taken first. AOT 105 may be taken with developmental coursework.
- Students should have a computer or access to one. Keyboarding and computer literacy are strongly recommended.
Notes About Individual Classes
- AOT 105 should be taken during the first semester. An exemption test is available for students with very strong keyboarding skills. Contact Angel Alexander for more information on the exemption test.
Notes About Other Requirements
- College policy states that computer coursework is valid for eight years.
Semester-by-Semester Graduation Plans
- You can find the name of your assigned academic advisor by reviewing Degree Works, your Class Schedule, or by visiting the Advising webpage.
- Contact Menka Brown for more information about this program.
- Please email email@example.com if this advising guide needs corrections or updates.
Advisement Information updated/reviewed 10/2018.