149501 Security Specialist I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 1, 2018
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $7.25/hr - $10.28/hr
10th grade education + 1 yr security experience.
Note: Employee will be expected to work in all weather conditions and must have the ability to conduct rounds in time allotted. Employee will assist with hazardous and biological waste management under the direct supervision of the EHM. Must be able to assist with snow and ice removal and lift containers weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Previous security experience.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for securing and monitoring buildings and grounds.
- Ability to maintain peace and decorum.
- Ability to follow instructions, prepare reports, and record data collected during rounds.
In this challenging role, you will support the Environmental Safety department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Patrols campus, grounds, and facilities. Checks for fires, prowlers, vandalism, or other unusual activity. Makes rounds. Assists with parking enforcement, as directed.
- Secures/opens facilities, as directed. Notifies appropriate college authorities for indications of trespassing, fire, or other emergencies.
- Assists Environmental Health Manager and others with inspections including, but not limited to fire extinguishers, fire risers, AEDs, mechanical and electrical rooms, etc.
- Focuses on enhancing the experience of all college students, faculty, staff, and visitors by providing direction and assistance, as needed. Participates in event management, setup and tear down, furniture moves, etc., as needed.
- Assists with removal of trash and debris from college facilities and grounds.
- Assists Environmental Health Manager with hazardous and biological waste management activities. Inspects accumulation sites and assists with the preparation, transportation, and documentation of related activities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
CAMPUS: As assigned
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.