3435338 - GE Gas Power 2YR Associate Intern - GE Gas Power Advanced Manufacturing Works
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Organization: General Electric
Location: Greenville Area
City: Greenville, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Title: 3435338 - GE Gas Power 2YR Associate Intern - GE Gas Power Advanced Manufacturing Works
Business: GE Gas Power
Location: Greenville, SC
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
The GE Gas Power Advanced Manufacturing Works (AMW) facility is the bridge between the research lab and production allowing the implementation of innovative ideas and advanced technology, facilitating the seamless entry into production, and increasing speed to market. Processes include additive 3D printing (metal and polymer), a prototype shop with state-of-the-art equipment (milling, grinding, lathe, EDM, & waterjet machines) a one-of-a kind ceramics lab, and advanced inspection equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited two-year technical school program.
- Following majors preferred: CNC Machine Operator, CNC Programmer, Machine Tool Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metalworking, Drafting/CAD, and Mechatronics. Other technical majors may be considered.
- Capable standing/sitting/walking ~ 8 hours per day in a manufacturing environment and comfortably lifting ~ 30-pound tools, fixtures, & components.
- PLEASE NOTE: This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export
restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents
and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To be considered for an interview you MUST ALSO apply through our website:
- Strong commitment to a career in manufacturing
- Ability to maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take input and direction from more than one source and reconcile it to produce high quality work
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, equipment malfunctions or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
- Experience with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining or tool and die work including machine setup, fixture indication, work clamping, tool setup, operation, clean up, and maintenance
- Experience with blending, polishing, deburring, and other manual finishing processes
- Experience with geometric dimension and tolerance equipment
- Experience operating and/or programming a CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine)
- Strong Windows PC skills, including Word, Excel, email, etc
- Basic experience with Lean principles
AMW interns will assist AMW engineers in developing new processes, manufacturing prototype components, and producing limited rate production hardware. Assignments will be hands-on and interns must be willing to learn and work on a wide variety of leading edge manufacturing processes and components.
This is a part-time position (20hrs./wk) meant to provide valuable hands-on experience for college students while attending school. The working schedule will be flexible across two shifts. Internships will be 12-week sessions in the spring, summer, and fall. Students may apply for consecutive sessions. Multiple openings may be filled with this posting.
Assignments will include but are not limited to:
- Performing assigned tasks including setup, installation, calibration, documentation, and operation of advanced manufacturing equipment
- Documenting standard operating procedures for daily operations, inspections, maintenance, and environmental health and safety compliance
- Working with cross-functional teams including New Product Introduction, New Technology Introduction, Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing a variety of process issues throughout development activities
- Assisting in the investigation, documentation, and correction of process/production issues.
- Executing structured experiments to develop robust process parameters
- Supporting Low Rate Initial Production of development programs
GE Gas Power - Advanced Manufacturing Works
301 Feaster Road
Greenville, SC 29615
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
PO Box 1792
Findlay, OH 45839
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.