Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 16, 2020
Organization: Magnolia Manor
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits: All of our employees are valued and receive a competitive hourly rate; our full time team members are also offered a robust and comprehensive benefit package which includes: Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts Life Insurance Coverage Short and Long-Term Disability Options Tuition Reimbursement &amp; Nursing Loan Repayment Programs 401 (k) Savings Plan Paid Time Off DailyPay option available! – Get your pay, when you need it. MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available Helping Friends Foundation Employee Assistance Plan Tickets at Work - entertainment ticket discounts Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction In-facility education programs and more!
- Experience strongly preferred
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment
- Good knowledge of the policies and procedures of a long-term care facility
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently; to prioritize tasks and organize work efficiently
- Ability to motivate people and be sensitive to their needs
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with patients and staff
- Physical ability necessary to transport residents in wheelchairs
- Understanding and awareness of problems of the aging
- Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record and provide proof of liability insurance
About the Position:
Are you someone who enjoys working with people and being creative? Do you like to lead a group of active seniors in arts and crafts activities or perhaps organize outside activities? If this sounds like you, the role of an Activities Assistant may be the perfect position for you! We are searching for an enthusiastic, outgoing, and creative Activities Assistant to join our team now!
The Activities Assistant will work side by side with the Activities Director assisting with the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of activities for our patients and residents. The Activities Assistant will also help with transporting, communicating, and setting up for activities in and out of the facility on a regular basis; as well as order and pick up the materials for the activities (as needed). Conduct one-on-one activity therapy to offer sensory stimulation and group activities to ensure patients and residents make personal progress. In addition to these responsibilities, the Activities Assistant may carry out other duties as assigned by the Activities Director.
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.