Administrative Assistant for OT Fieldwork/Doctoral Experiences
Date Posted: September 10, 2021
Deadline: October 10, 2021
Organization: Presbyterian College
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Professionalism and Confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Office
- Admin or assistant experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Our academic department is looking for a self-motivated professional with administration experience and office assistance exposure. The person should be a well-organized administrative individual to assist with clinical education within the PC OTD Program. A detail-oriented individual who exemplifies professionalism, and an ability to manage multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for developing and streamlining administrative procedures and interact with potential fieldwork sites, fieldwork educators, faculty, and students. The individual should have strong communication skills while facilitating innovative and efficient solutions to clinical education issues. The individual should understand software and entering database information to the fieldwork management program. The ability to work with people from numerous backgrounds, while promoting department values and goals is a must.
This person reports directly to the Office Manager for administrative functions and to DCE for clinical functions.
- Receptionist Duties: Manage outer office, communicating and interacting effectively with visitors, students, faculty, and staff; serve as receptionist, answering telephones, greeting guests, etc. Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, office layout, and implementing changes.
- Develops administrative skills by participating in educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Reports: Assist in the development of reports with the school’s accreditation process and the annual report as well as assessment and other reports. (College Administration, Accreditation, and Institutional Effectiveness). Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions related to the fieldwork and Doctoral experience needs.
- Communication with Students: Communicate with students to advise them of necessary requirements and related areas for Fieldwork and the Doctoral Experience.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests related to fieldwork/Doctoral experience.
- Creates and maintains Fieldwork site and information files.
- Makes phone calls as assigned and reports to the Director of Clinical Education (DCE) information gained from interactions with sites.
- Monitors contract information and renewal time frame related to Fieldwork and Doctoral Experience
- Fabricates, distributes, receives/collects, and maintains paperwork/information given to both student and sites for fieldwork/doctoral experience.
- Assists with the collection and correlation of the fieldwork/doctoral experience evaluations and assessments.
- Completes operational requirements for scheduled and assigned administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in education; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Be the liaison and contact as well as the responsible party for the chosen fieldwork software system.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Assists with education of students as to the process for fieldwork and its preparation Assists the DCE with the ongoing development of clinical education sites and their faculty as well as the maintenance of clinical education sites
- Assists the DCE with placement and communication with students while on clinical experiences
- Assists the DCE in the preparation of accreditation documentation and outcome.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Program Director in coordination with the DCE and Office Manager.
503 S Broad St
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.