Assembly Technician II - MVA (1st shift)
Date Posted: August 18, 2021
Deadline: September 17, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs
- Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in a Lean environment
- Utilize various hand and power tools, step ladder and crane to assemble units
- Must be able to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook and job specific programs such as Enovia
POSITION CRITERIA: Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs. Utilize various hand and power tools, step ladder and crane to assemble units. Must be able to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook and job specific programs such as Enovia. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk. WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Work hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
In the Assembly Technician role, you assemble, wire, fit, and modify work in the manufacture of medium and high voltage, indoor and outdoor assemblies, breaker and auxiliary compartments, breakers, customer service orders, power modules, and any sub-assemblies associated with these.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
- Fill out ISO checklists, quality checklists, customer checklists, feedback forms, and production lists for supervision, drafting, customer service, and engineering as required.
- Mount and install electrical equipment and perform wire operations as needed.
- Maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
- Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness
- Respond to change notices, customer requested adjustments, and development needs.
- Assist engineering, drafting, and supervision with customer-initiated development work.
- Work to manufacturing information, drawings, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision, and to established procedures.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.