Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $16.47 - $20.60 per hour – pay to commensurate with experience and certifications
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
• Vocational school diploma in vehicle maintenance along with at least (1) one to (2) two years in vehicle maintenance or fleet management; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Ability to respond to afterhours emergencies, if needed.
• SC Commercial Driver’s License – Class A
• Forklift Certification
General Job Summary: Performs skilled work in maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel powered automotive equipment to include engine, transmission, brakes, electrical, fuel injection, computer operations, and HVAC systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs general overhaul maintenance and repair on light and heavy trucks, bulldozers, grading equipment, vehicles, lawn equipment, diesel equipment and hydraulic equipment.
• Welds and constructs parts for heavy equipment
• Utilizes various machinery and tools for repairs and maintenance on City vehicles and equipment
• Fills in as Heavy Equipment Operator as needed
• Completes and submits various reports to include billing invoice, maintenance reports, and purchase orders
Applications may be received in the Human Resources Department of City Hall, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 803-321-2609 with Attention to HR on the cover form.
1330 College St
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.