BUILDING/GROUNDS SPECIALIST III - Benson Campus
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 9, 2020
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $22,625 - $32,245
High School diploma plus three (3) years related work experience to include one (1) year in a supervisory capacity.
A working knowledge of horticultural care programs, landscape and construction equipment, commercial irrigation systems, and the ability to obtain a valid SCCDL and/or a SC Commercial Applicator's license.
In this challenging role, you will be supporting the GRD - Grounds department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following.
- Provide professional services regarding all facets of a commercial horticultural care program and provide supervision in the creation of a safe and aesthetically pleasing campus.
- Operate all lawn care and landscaping equipment in an experience and professional manner. Maintain equipment as indicated by manufacturer, and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform installations and repairs regarding campus irrigation systems. Monitor and maintain irrigation control systems for optimal conservation of water.
- Coordinate application of fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides in the control of applicable maladies, pests, and weeds.
- Monitor campus site for debris, litter, trash, and dispose of properly.
- Provide labor and supervision for projects and renovations and assist other departments as needed.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
506 S Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.