Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Organization: Hubell Lighting
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Skills and Experience
• 2 years of applicable experience in an office environment, particularly in an accounting or customer service role, OR, equivalent higher education (AA degree or higher.)
• 1 year or more of commercial credit and/or collections experience preferred.
• degree in accounting or business-related field preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to use MS Excel and MS Outlook at an intermediate level.
• Demonstrated success in a goals driven work environment.
• Familiarity with a large-scale, enterprise accounting or CRM system (such as SAP or Oracle)
• Familiarity with Internet based e-commerce and search/research tools (such as UPS, FedEx, Google and/or Bing.)
• Ability to use basic office equipment: Fax, scan, copy, phone and 10-key.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world.
The Collections Specialist role is responsible for maintaining relations with internal and external customers while at the same time seeking to influence payments from customers according to corporate goals and objectives. The role interfaces with various internal teams (customer service, sales, as examples) in an effort to resolve and understand processes which may cause a customer to not to pay to terms and to creatively determine steps that can be taken to resolve those issues. Through the use of portfolio reporting and guidance from others, the role creates work plans tailored to the needs of the stakeholders and then follows-through to deliver results in line with expectations. Individuals will be great communicators: verbal and written, very organized: great note-taker and scheduler of follow-up activities, and adept at de-escalating stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Monitors a portfolio of accounts to assess receivables condition and prioritize work according to objectives.
• Performs account analysis to identify trends, problems and root causes of ongoing issues and outlines solution plans to improve the situation for both Hubbell and the customer.
• Creates weekly work plan to include customer calls, e-mails and correspondence based on account status; executes said plan, and is able to document progress towards said plan via account notes and status updates to supervisor or manager.
• Works cross-functionally to gather information and expertise to address issues identified with customer accounts.
• Negotiates with assigned scope of authority, individually or as part of a team, to resolve problems with favorable outcomes for Hubbell and the customer.
• Performs account reconciliations, daily credit hold/releases, monthly statement and/or dunning letter processing, recommendations for bad debt write-offs and suggesting accounts for credit limit reviews.
• Responds to customer inquiries on accounts regarding billing discrepancies or payment disputes.
• Performs account maintenance activities, resolving short-pays, chargebacks, credit memos and payment application issues.
• May support other collections staff with research requests, invoice reprints, data gathering and related tasks.
Apply on company website
701 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.