Custodial Supervisor -Fort Mill Welcome Center
Date Posted: February 18, 2022
Deadline: March 9, 2022
Organization: SCPRT/Fort Mill Welcome Center
City: Fort Mill
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $29,000 annually
High school diploma and five (5) years of experience in related area. Plus additional two (2) years in a managerial or supervisory role.
1) Daily duties include outside work, standing, walking, lifting, bending, and operating a computer. Works 37.5 hour week with every other weekend and some holidays. Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in cleaning and maintaining public rest room and public use facilities and grounds. Must have computer skills. Limited overnight training-related travel required.
2) Thorough knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials applicable to a custodial services job. Thorough knowledge of general skills and common practices for this trade. Ability to lead and supervise contracted staff to include training practices, leadership skills, safety awareness and problem identification, and disciplinary actions. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to effectively use computers. Ability to read and understand written procedures and directions. Excellent customer service skills required. Previous budget management preferred.
3) Must possess a valid S.C. Drivers License or Government Issued Identification.
Directs the custodial care of the welcome center complex to ensure visitors receive excellent customer service through a positive, clean and safe environment.
1) Provides a sanitary, clean and safe environment for guests and employees.
2) Supervises and directs contracted custodial personnel.
3) Provides training and orientation to contracted staff to promote and ensure a clean, safe and positive guest experience.
4) Maintains and manages the custodial supplies, equipment, etc. required to carry out job functions.
5) Supports and coordinates maintenance and landscaping activities on the property.
6) Maintain a good working relationship with other Welcome Center Program staff including other managers, other center staff, maintenance personnel, and Central Office staff to ensure program goals and objectives are met. Encourage open communication and practice and promote teamwork among all Visitor Service staff.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within Sales and Marketing Office and throughout the Agency. Serves as a liaison to business and governmental groups, state industry, etc. Abide by the Code of Conduct.
Actual Job Location: Fort Mill Welcome Center.
Full-time, 37.5 hour week with every other weekend and some holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.