Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience using (CAD) software
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design Technology from an accredited institution
- 1-3 years of drafting experience
- Experience or knowledge in drafting principles (CAD), physics, elements of electricity and mechanics.
- 1 year of experience in preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions Division is currently seeking a Designer to join our team. This position is based at our facility in Greenwood County.
The Designer will be responsible for creating detailed component and assembly drawings for the manufacturing of the Busway product line. In this role, you will provide product order support by interpreting customer drawings and specifications, in order to create the manufactured products. You will also have some interaction with sales force and customers on job specific details such as on board approvals and witness tests. Lead Designers’ also provide coordination for technical guidance to production personnel as appropriate and support product marketing and training events.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support field sales efforts by providing technical assistance to our customers, sales, and Electrical Engineering Systems and Services relative to complex product design/operation, system operation and/or output, electrical schematics, diagrams, sketches, one-lines, etc. as well as engineering interpretations of a specific general order or customer design.
- Serve as a primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and Provide training and demonstrations for customer activities.
- Support Drafting team members, as well as the Customer Order team with order related customer information.
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing and front end as technical advisor, by preparing Engineering Change Notices to accompany all drawing revisions. Prepare and/or process change management requests as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
5502 Highway 25 North
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.