Electrical Production Supervisor
Date Posted: September 22, 2021
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Organization: ACS Manufacturing Inc
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Requirements / Experience:
- Prior electrical manufacturing experience in a production shop setting
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Proven production supervisory experience required; 5+ years preferred
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and a results-driven approach
- Solid and proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Possess a professional character conducive to building good working relationships
- Experience making improvements to the manufacturing process
- Moderate experience using MS Office: Word / Excel / Outlook
- Experience in the development of high-performance production teams
- Experience with employee performance evaluation.
- Understanding of key quality control concepts and techniques
- Experience in the enforcement of health and safety rules, policies, and regulations
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and be effective at time management
- Ability to read complex electrical blueprints
- Able to adapt to product design changes quickly and effectively, shifting ship schedules and customer demands
- Ability to read/write English, Spanish bilingual a plus
- Strong accountability with an excuse-less willingness to be responsible for all aspects of the management role
- Must be available for second / third shift or weekend work as necessary.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check for employment
- Technical education or training in the electrical installation or construction field; or equivalent combination of education, apprenticeship, and work experience.
Physical Working Conditions:
- Able to work exposure to elements, such as ambient temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Able to work in an area without heaters or air conditioning.
- Able to work outside the building in various type of weather.
Job Summary: The Electrical Production Supervisor is responsible for leading teams of electricians in the installation of electrical systems, instrumentation, and automation devices, for large industrial generator enclosures and switchgears. The Electrical Production Supervisor ensures the electrical production work follows all electrical codes, customer requirements and specifications. This role will directly supervise electrical production employees and ensure that the standard electrical installation processes are effectively and efficiently followed.
- Ensure the adherence to health and safety practices and policies.
- Follow and enforce all established corporate policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
- Create a positive environment that motivates the staff to increase their safety, quality, and productivity, and meet product delivery goals.
- Communicate to the electrical teams the daily production schedule, assignments, and production goals.
- Maintain installation consistency and quality, keeping operational cost down.
- Exercise strong leadership skills, and excel at selecting, training, and motivating an effective and efficient electrical systems integration staff.
- Evaluate employee performances. Provide effective employee coaching, recognition, promotions, compensation, and properly documented dismissals as necessary.
- Review the electrical team performance and implement needed changes to improve quality and efficiency. Eliminate and reduce any disturbances to the flow (DTF’s).
- Maintain safety, quality, and productivity performance metrics. Meet established performance goals for the department.
- Assist the materials management in the request, distribution and return of electrical components.
- Monitor and provide daily electrical systems integration production status reports for all assigned jobs. Support management in the creation of the daily status report.
- Exercise detailed production control actions to ensure all jobs are progressing according to schedule and completion requirements.
- Support the established training programs to increase the electrical skill sets of the assigned teams. Build the leadership skills of the Electrical Team Leads.
- Implement and support the corporate 5S+1 program.
- Expedited electrical jobs to include as necessary overtime, extra shifts, and weekend work.
- Ensure that all electrical tools and devices are properly maintained, calibrated and safe to use.
- Support the development of electrical standard work instructions, quality checklists, test procedures and electrical installation guides.
- Ensure that all worked labor time is correct and properly allocated to the right job-units. Resolve labor time issues and provide adjustments and corrections.
- Support the Lean Manufacturing efforts by implementing the principles, concepts, and techniques. Lead and assist with continuous improvement initiatives and process improvements.
- Be present and available to the electrical crews. Constantly walk and visit the electrical installation team-units to assess effectiveness and efficiency.
- Teach, coach and mentor all electrical personnel, to improve their technical skill sets, abilities, professional growth, and leadership.
- Performs other related functions delegated or assigned
COMPLETE the application
SAVE it to your computer using this format: firstnamelastname + date
EMAIL your saved PDF application to: email@example.com
If you have a resume, please attach that to your email as well
1439 Cambridge St Ext
Abbeville, SC 29620
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.