Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 4, 2017
City: Brooksville, Florida
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Discussed During the Interview Process
Company Info: Founded in 1906, CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. We produce, distribute, and sell cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials in more than 50 countries, and we maintain trade relationships in close to 100 nations. CEMEX's U.S. network includes 9 cement plants, 43 strategically located distribution terminals, 57 aggregate quarries and more than 270 ready-mix concrete plants. In our 100+ years of history, CEMEX has developed into an industry leader, offering competitive wages, benefits packages for employees and their families, and stability that has led to not only our employee's making a life-long career with CEMEX.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs frequently, 50-100lbs occasionally
- Climb stairs, ladders, work in high levels of heat, cold, dust, height & noise.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined space environments.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb and crouch for extended periods.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly.
- Ability to comply with all MSHA (Mining Safety & Health Administration) & CEMEX safety regulations and able to utilize all required PPE.
- Able to work around magnetic fields generated by electric motors and welding equipment.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and professional manner in compliance with all MSHA Regulations and Company policies, able to confront and correct any unsafe behavior and report any violations or concerns to Management in a timely manner.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with all environmental regulations and policies, reporting any violations or concerns to Management in a timely manner.
- Inspects, repairs, replace, install, adjust, rig & lift, and maintain all electrical equipment, gauges, and instruments.
- Works from blueprints and sketches as necessary.
- Responds to emergency call outs on an as needed basis.
- Determines the best way to make repairs to minimize the interruption of AC & DC equipment.
- Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continues operation will have no harmful effect.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles all electrical and instrument equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics.
- Analyzes all types of drawings and wiring diagrams to determine material replacement needs, and assembly specifications and methods.
- Makes sketches required when prints are not available.
- Locates source of trouble in any type of electrical equipment or apparatus by tracing and testing circuits, cards, and inspects tools and material requirements.
- Dismantles, inspects, repairs, replaces, or adjusts faulty parts, and wiring on electrical equipment, such as, motors, generators, air compressors, relays and controls, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, hydraulic, magnetic and pneumatic equipment, panel boards, batteries and starters.
- Rewires, insulates and paints as needed.
- Operates machine tools such as a drill press, pipe threading machine, power saw etc.
- Erects scaffolds and performs rigging.
- Works closely in support of the production department and works with other members of the maintenance department.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Adheres to Procurement Department standards to secure repair parts, supplies and materials.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Attends & participates in department and team meetings.
- Be able to keep up and become proficient with changes in instrument and electrical technology.
- Work out of man lift, crane basket and other equipment
- All other assignments provided by Plant Management
- Power distribution experience or understanding.
- Programmable logic control and digital drive experience.
- 2 years of electrical maintenance experience.
- Industrial Electrical Diploma, Journeyman Card or equivalent certification through the US Military.
- Ability to read sketches and blueprints.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Perform all the essential job functions.
- Aptitude for numerical reasoning.
- Must have experience and proficiency in industrial electrical and instrument maintenance including application of electrical principles.
- Must be able to become proficient in the application of electronic and pneumatic principles.
- Must be able to become proficient with a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Must have experience and proficiency working with AC single phase and three phase systems (416OV, 48OV, and 11OV); and DC solid state drives VFD drives and motor generator sets.
- Must be able to work overtime, all shifts, holidays and weekends.
- MSHA Certification required (or must obtain within reasonable period)
This position is to be filled without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. CEMEX is a drug free workplace & Equal Opportunity Employer CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug Free Work Place The Company reserves the right to change, modify, or add duties and responsibilities as needed.