Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 24, 2019
Organization: Valmont Industries
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School diploma / GED
Read and write clearly
Basic shop math. Multiplication, division, decimals to fractions, fractions to decimals.
3 years experience in related field.
Ability to read and comprehend basic hydraulic, pneumatic, and structural schematics
Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment
The ability to climb and work from ladders, man-lifts, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 ft
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred
- Three years computer experience/operation and PLC programming desired
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
Assists and trains other maintenance and other technical-level employees.
Reports all abnormal conditions and safety hazards to supervisor.
Makes recommendations for upgrades to equipment obsolescence related to PLC’s and controls.
Will perform housekeeping and other routine tasks as directed.
May require limited travel.