EMT - 4 Day/Week - 10 Hour Transport
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Organization: Greenwood County
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $29,853 - $44,780
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by EMT courses/training equivalent. No prior experience is required.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES:
- SC EMT-Basic Certification
- CPR Certification
- Valid SC Driver's License
- Responds to emergency calls, providing basic life support treatment and first aid to patients, as well as transportation to appropriate medical facility. Obtains patient medical history if possible, assesses physical condition of patients and assists in making decisions regarding proper courses of action. Performs such duties as CPR, splint application, wound treatment, control of bleeding, monitoring and relaying of vital signs, oxygen administration and sterile suctioning.
- Operates an ambulance and a wide range of life-saving/life supporting equipment, tools, generator, safety gear, siren, medical treatments, radio and supplies.
- Communicates via radio with radio dispatch center, hospital personnel and other public safety agencies to receive and to transmit instructions involving patient care. Provides instructions to first responders and bystanders in the use of first aid equipment.
- Completes required records and forms documenting patient treatment.
- Assists with the inspection and maintenance of emergency vehicles and the performing of daily supply and equipment inventory; restocks and cleans/decontaminates equipment in preparation for subsequent medical responses and shifts. Performs safety checks of ambulances and assures that routine maintenance is performed.
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various documents including daily logs, vehicle maintenance logs, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, other County department staff, law enforcement personnel, etc.
- Attends in-service training as required to maintain certification. Assists with new employee orientation/training.
- Transports patients to other facilities and home.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Full job description on county website.
600 Monument Street
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.