Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Deadline: December 31, 2022
City: Fountain Inn, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $20 - $25/hr DOE
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or other related technological field of study
- (Preferred) Degree plus a minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment, or High School Diploma with 5+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Excellent Computer skills: Able to perform simple data entry and MS Office - Excel specifically.
- Math skills: working knowledge of basic arithmetic, negative numbers, power & roots, decimals and fractions, algebra and basic statistics.
- Verbal/communication: able to read and understand technical reports, process specifications, and office correspondence. Able to write clear and understandable memos and procedures.
- Technical skills:
- Mechanical aptitude sufficient to understand the detailed operation of production machines.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and ability to obtain expertise in the production of electronic components.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity, electronics and circuits.
- Able to use or learn the use of basic laboratory test equipment and to train others to its use
Kyocera-AVX is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V/SO
KYOCERA AVX is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of advanced electronic components, including; capacitors, inductors, filters, resistors, couplers, diodes, and circuit protection devices, as well as a broad range of innovative sensor, control, interconnect and antenna solutions. We have successfully served the automotive, industrial, medical, military, consumer electronics, communications, and transportation markets for nearly 50 years, with 33 research, design, manufacturing, and customer support facilities in 16 countries around the world. KYOCERA AVX is committed to cleaner, greener technologies designed to preserve and protect the environment.
We are currently looking for Engineering Technicians for our Fountain Inn, SC location, we offer Full-Time positions with Competitive Pay and Benefits to include 3 weeks of vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k with employer match. We currently have positions available on All Shifts. As and Engineering Technician you will:
- Plan, run and test experiments as requested by supervisor.
- Run and trouble-shoot equipment as necessary on the production floor to support development operations.
- Hand and eye coordination for inspection under magnification, microscope or magnifier.
- Collect and summarize data for supervisor (MS Excel experience preferred).
- Identify and solve manufacturing problems with limited supervisor assistance.
- Write memos, technical reports and process specification revisions.
- Monitor process for compliance with process specs and report discrepancies.
3pm - 11:30pm Monday - Friday $1.00/hr shift premium
11pm - 7:30am Sunday - Thursday $1.50/hr shift premium
- Recruiter will contact qualified candidate for a telephone interview
- Candidate will interview with the Hiring Manager(s)
- Successful candidates will begin the pre-hire process
- If you are having trouble with the website, please email your resume and position of interest to email@example.com
1 Avx Blvd.
Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.