Environmental Services Coordinator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 4, 2018
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. One to three years experience in landscape maintenance, facility maintenance, property management, or a related field. One year of management/supervisory experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working within a collaborative environment and be a team player who will be skilled at delivering instructions to staff. Must have excellent communication (verbal and written), planning, and organizational skills and a very high standard for service. Previous experience and knowledge in common cleaning methods and equipment required. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and possess knowledge of current computer applications to include MS Office Suite. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Environmental Services Manager, is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Grounds and Housekeeping Department logistics to ensure all of Riverbanks facilities and grounds are maintained at a high standard of cleanliness and order. Ensures project and quality goals set forth by department manager and director are met.
- Assists manager in coordination of work schedules and cleaning routines of the Grounds and Housekeeping Department.
- Determines, prioritizes, and leads daily activities and work assignments for the frontline park staff to ensure tasks are completed, goals are met, and supplies/equipment are kept adequate.
- Meets with staff to coordinate department projects, train and coach team members, communicate changes in activities, policies and/or procedures, and assist with proactive management of employee relations.
- Performs daily inspections. Ensures compliance with established policies and full utilization of personnel, materials, and facilities, with concern for quality and efficiency.
- Cultivates and maintains a positive working environment. Acts as a role model, providing excellent leadership to all staff and mentors those who need additional training.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with guests, senior staff, employees, volunteers, contracted vendors, and various groups.
- Works with contracted venders to ensure their duties are properly scheduled and performed to the agreed upon specifications. Maintains or delivers equipment to vender for PM service or repair.
- Prepares and reviews a variety of reports, forms, documents and general correspondence.
- Works first or second shift as needed and rotates weekends and holidays with manager.