Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Tech Scholars
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 1, 2020
Organization: Electrolux Home Products
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
- Maintain full time student status (12 credit hours minimum) and commitment to attend school year round.
- Students must be enrolled in a manufacturing related area of study (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics).
- Must have completed 24+ credit hours to be considered (rising 2nd year students).
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- Successful completion of pre-placement assessment and substance abuse test.
- Commitment to working 20 hours per week at Electrolux during the course of the program.
- Participation in Electrolux training as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong critical thinking; Problem solving; Analyzing; examining skills to find the best solutions to various situations.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.Extensive internal/external client interaction is an everyday part of the position
- Uses computer software (MS office) Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for computer technology, tools, and solutions
The Electrolux Technical Apprentice Program (Tech Scholars) allows second year students from technical colleges to attend class full-time while working part-time at Electrolux. The objectives are to allow students to further their education and gain relevant technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
This is a two-semester program (Fall 2020 and Spring 2021).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scholars will have the opportunity to apply skills and knowledge acquired during school and training in the plant. The following principles apply:
- Scholars may rotate between departments/areas per management’s discretion.
- Training and hands-on experience are the priorities of the OJT phase.
- Scholars will be responsible for maintaining a monthly OJT report to be turned in to the assigned OFT supervisor.This ensures objectives are on target for completion.
101 Masters Blvd
Anderson, SC 29626
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.