Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 24, 2019
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Resort Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
An Associate Degree in Turf Grass Management or three (3) years experience in the development and maintenance of golf course grounds, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity. Proven knowledge of Golf Pro Shop operations including but not limited to retail sales, snack bar operation, customer service, and sales and marketing. Thorough knowledge of PGA rules and regulations.
- Position involves standing for long periods, bending, stooping, medium to heavy lifting, working with equipment used in food preparation and in maintaining a State Park Golf Course. Also will be working with chemicals, herbicides and pesticides. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining a golf course. Must be able to acquire and maintain a pesticides license.
- Position requires flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required. Ability to operate a computer.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Plans, directs, and supports all golf course operations including sales, marketing, and maintenance of all facilities related to the golf course including Pro Shop, Maintenance Shop, and the golf course itself.
- Oversees the management of all aspects of golf course operations
- Directs, supervises and coordinates staff in the maintenance and improvements of an eighteen hole golf course to include equipment, irrigation system, drainage, fertilizing and top dressing of greens, tees, and fairways as well as applying pesticides, herbicides and fungicides as needed. Consults daily with Assistant Greens Superintendent to ensure that play does not cause unacceptable degradation to the course with relation to the compounded effects of weather.
- Directs all staff to ensure that all golf facilities, equipment and property is maintained to the standards set forth by the department. Works to provide a safe environment for golfers and employees.
- Maintains and is accountable for inventory of all assets related to golf, to include but not limited to equipment, and supplies. Ensures that golf operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible.
- Assists in the public relations and growth for the golf course, including special tours, development and implementing of strategies to promote golfing opportunities, and development. Conduct golf clinics and special programs.
- Ensures that established rules and regulations governing golf course activities are adhered to and makes recommendations for improved policies.
- Manages the human resources (paid and volunteer) of the golf course operations including supervision, delegation of responsibilities and completion of performance appraisals.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the office/work unit, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office an an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1591 Resort Drive
McCormick, SC 29835