Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $22402 - $22838 annually
- HS Diploma or GED
- Preferably 6-12 months experience in grounds maintenance
- Ability to work outside in the elements year-round
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 100lbs
- Ability to respond to after-hour emergencies as needed
- SC Driver’s License
Maintenance worker duties involve maintaining and operating various handheld and medium to light equipment; a variety of semi-skilled manual labor duties in the streets segment of Public Works.
Job Skills and Duties:
- Assists with general maintenance and upkeep of street signs, cleaning and repairing storm drains and inlets, cleaning City buildings and parking lots, spreading dirt, and painting.
- Grounds maintenance includes: mowing, landscaping, repairing potholes and sidewalks, picking up trash and garbage, maintaining ditches, and installing drive entrances and drainage pipes.
- Operating and maintaining various equipment: front-end loader, bush hog, lawn mower, backhoe, weed eater, etc.
- Willing to attain CDL and operate heavy equipment, as needed.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer