Date Posted: April 1, 2021
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Resort Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Wages/Salary: $10-$12 per hour.
High school diploma or equivalent.
-2 years’ experience in a similar situation preferred but not required
-Strong understanding and working knowledge of computers
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities
Hickory Knob State Resort Park is located in McCormick, South Carolina right on beautiful Lake Thurmond. Our park has accommodations, meeting space, a full service restaurant, gift shop, eighteen hole golf course, skeet and archery range.
We currently have an opportunity for someone to join our Guest Services team. We are looking for team members who strive for excellence, with a common mission to help people have a great time at our park.
The ideal team member will have the following qualities.
· You will need to be organized with the ability to juggle several things at once.
· A team player with a positive attitude, approachable, with excellent communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle issues with respect, integrity and sensitivity.
· Good understanding of the Microsoft office suite.
· Greeting guests
· Customer Service
· Rotating shifts within the guest services department
· Answering the phone and directing calls, taking messages
· Registering guests
· Checking guests in and out
· Handling complaints and requests
· Track and report room status
· Taking payment over the phone and in person
· Ensure the front desk is neat and presentable at all times
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 years’ experience in a similar situation preferred but not required
· Strong understanding and working knowledge of computers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities
We work hard but have a lot of fun. Perks and benefits include an option for insurance and retirement savings account. We have staff appreciation days and you get a discount on your meals and park activities.
Stop by in person for an application.
Hiring two-three people for this position, full-time and part-time hours available.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1591 Resort Drive
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.