Hourly Production Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: MVC offers a great wage and benefits package. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), and paid vacation and holidays. MVC offers multiple career paths for promotion for motivated individuals who exceed performance expectations.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED with at least 6 months of manufacturing experience. Vocational training at an accredited school may substitute for manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of the injection molding or chrome plating processes desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently, as needed.
- Ability to adapt to change, including a variety of assignments.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, e.g., operating manual, work instructions, procedure manual, etc.
- Ability to write basic reports, including scrap report.
- Ability to walk, stoop, stand, bend, twist, reach with arms, grasp with fingers.
- Ability to work in very warm temperatures, often in excess of 100 degrees. Ability to see: Vision: 20/20 vision (corrected), color vision, depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to push/pull up to 250 pounds.
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and steam.
- Must be able to wear all forms of protective equipment, including goggles, face mask, ear plugs, safety glasses, gloves and shoes/boots appropriate for work area.
The successful candidate will present a progressive work history with positive examples of initiative, progressive learning and professionalism. Other qualities necessary include strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to handle details and manage projects, and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Perform jobs assigned by Supervisor in accordance with Work Instructions and in accordance with work standards which may include a required number of parts per hour/shift.
- Perform start-up checks and first-piece procedures as required and maintain records.
- Maintain acceptable quality standards in accordance with customer requirements and as directed by Supervisor.
- Inform Supervisor, Technician, Process Engineer or Department Manager of any circumstances that may impact quality of product and/or safety of self or others.
- Record and maintain accurate and timely reports, including record of scrap products.
- Work at different work stations as productions needs require.
- Advise shift supervisor of any maintenance needs, including repairs to damaged or broken equipment, etc.
- Maintain open communication with Supervisor and other members of management, co-workers, and others.
- Re-work products as necessary and as assigned.
- Observe and comply with all federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations associated with this job.
- Aid supervisor in identifying training needs. Attend and participate in all scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
12117 C.R. Koon Highway
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.