Human Services Assistant II (HAB) Unit 102 & 205
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 18, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate's degree, completion of advance in-service training and one year of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities; or high school diploma, completion of advance in-service training and four years of experience in direct support of persons with intellectual and related disabilities. Must possess a valid SC Driver's License. Must possess good writing and recordkeeping skills.
Requires the ability to interact and relate to persons with disabilities in a dignified and concerned manner. This position also requires lifting, excessive walking and/or running during elopement.
**This position qualifies for the job referral and retention reward program. All hired candidates will receive a retention bonus after one, three, six and twelve months of service. For more information please contact Human Resources at (864)938-3243.**
Please see our Agency Specific Application Procedures. You must complete all work history within the application form. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent upon the following: an acceptable review of your past employment history, personal references, other sources including, but not limited to, the criminal background check which will be conducted by SLED and/or the FBI; and receiving clearance from the DSS Child Registry that indicates no record of child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employer or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position.
Under general supervision by the Program Coordinator, provides programming/training opportunities and activities for the developmentally disabled on a one-on-one and group basis. Also assists the Program Coordinator with training other staff in individual programming and with monitoring progress on same.
- Provides consistent programming and interaction with consumers in the unit on a daily basis by working directly with individual consumers and/or working with other direct care staff in training consumers on residential program objectives.
- Attends and participates in all Unit ID Team meetings and related IST meetings for unit consumers, ensuring that assessment information for residential programs input is timely and accurate.
- Ensures residential program objectives are placed in 20 TABS/strategy books according to Single Plan and that 24 hour individual schedules are accurate and cue cards are current.
- Provides in-service training to direct care staff on residential program objectives and monitors progress with programs through data collection, progress notes, and reliability checks.
- Assists daily in activities of daily living skills training programs (i.e. feeding, dressing, toileting, bed making, etc.).
- Monitors staff/individual interaction individually and with group training activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
28373 Highway 76 East
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.