HVAC Service Technician - Charleston, SC **RELOCATION AVAILABLE
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 11, 2020
Organization: Trane Technologies
City: North Charleston
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent experience and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience, is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVAC Field Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
As a HVAC Field Service Technician, you are the primary service and maintenance contact for Trane customers in a defined market. Trane has a diverse commercial customer base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth. In this position you will establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managers regarding inspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
4951 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.