HVAC/Energy Management Technician
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: May 7, 2021
Organization: SC Department of Corrections - Leath Correctional Institution
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A High School diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A High School diploma.
- Three (3) years extensive working knowledge of principles and techniques of general maintenance and repairs to heating/ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems, building control systems, steam and hot water boilers and heat exchangers.
Must be EPA universal certified for refrigeration systems or obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Develop HVAC maintenance and repair program throughout the facility.
- Supervise and complete HVAC maintenance, construction and renovation projects for assigned facility.
- Establish on-call procedures to respond to emergency maintenance and repair calls and assure the work is promptly and properly performed.
- Determine requirements for HVAC supplies and equipment.
- Prepare justification for supplies and equipment and submits purchase requisitions.
- Remain abreast of new HVAC/refrigeration techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Recommend the procurement of and assist in supervising the installation of new equipment.
- Confer with supervisor and departmental maintenance personnel and make recommendations pertaining to overall maintenance policies and operation procedures.
- May require working overtime.
- Must participate in 24-hour on-call rotation.
- May require training/working with inmates.
2908 Airport Road
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.