Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in an education or science related field preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Previous experience delivering formal/informal education preferred. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge and interest in nature and science. Must demonstrate enthusiasm working with diverse learners. Must be available to work weekends and evenings. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license.
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Given objectives set by the Director of Education, will deliver on and off-site education programs offered by Riverbanks Zoo & Garden. The Instructor will insure that all programs create connections and inspire actions to impact conservation. The instructor is responsible for:
- On and off-site program delivery to school and non-school audiences of many ages.
- Inclusive educational programs that encourage the meaningful participation of all learners.
- Communication of challenges and opportunities identified in programming.
- Working constructively within a team to deliver the highest quality educational experiences.
- Animal welfare monitoring throughout programming.