Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 17, 2018
Organization: Southeastern Paper Group
Location: Greenville Area
City: Spartanburg, SC
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: $12.50 per hour starting compensation
- Enrolled and actively attending an accredited college or university working towards a degree in an IT-related field.
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and practical communication skills.
- Ability to follow direction, work independently, and work as a collaborative team member.
- Good technical competency in Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux, with VMware and Active Directory being a plus.
- Has excellent organization skills, keen attention to detail, and is methodical and multi-task oriented.
- Able to develop documentation that translates effectively to business users and technical users.
Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio is a plus.
The IT Intern works with a team of other IT and business users to use your creativity and technical skills to help design web-facing and business applications in a fast-paced traditional/agile environment. During this internship, you will work on real business projects within the IT Departments and learn and work with our development team to build your skills in many different areas such as data center management, networking, voice, hardware, security, virtualization, data replication, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting.
The IT Intern collaborates with other technicians to create IT systems that comply with the standard systems development lifecycle methodology and concepts for design, implementation, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior quality, performance, and integrity with the final product providing maximum value to the company.
Southeastern Paper Group founded by E. Lewis Miller, Sr. in September 1969 in Spartanburg, SC. From a 10,000 square foot warehouse and ten employees, Southeastern has expanded to 9 distribution centers servicing seven states, more than 1,000,000 square feet in facilities, and nearly 450 employees. Our commitment to distribute quality products and to provide unmatched service is preeminent in our company’s success.
Southeastern is a leading distributor of disposables, packaging, janitorial/sanitation supplies and equipment with an emphasis on training and Green Smart solutions. The company has positioned itself as a single source supplier and consultant for virtually all business and government facilities in the following markets: Healthcare, Lodging and Hospitality, Packaging Systems, Building Service Contractors, Education, Food Service, Redistributors, and Supermarkets. Market and Janitorial/Sanitation specialists as well as on-site service technicians are on staff and provide continuing training to partners of Southeastern Paper Group.
With a 99.2% fill rate on approximately 25,000 stocked products from over 400 major manufacturers, multiple ordering options, clear and accurate invoicing, online account tracking, custom usage reports, and dependable and courteous drivers, Southeastern is proud of its history - an ever-increasing customer base resulting in strong partner loyalties.
The Miller family has also mastered the art of successful acquisitions and has plans to widen its coverage as fitting opportunities become available.
2. Provide a cover letter stating where you are at in your career, where you want to be, and why we should help you on your journey.
3. Provide a current transcript.
4. Must have completed at least six months or equivalent to six months of studies and be currently enrolled at least part-time.
5. Double check submission documents as syntax, grammar, and spelling count.