Machine Operator - 1st Shift
Date Posted: August 18, 2021
Deadline: September 17, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience as a machine operator or a graduate of a machine certificate program.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
- Experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Experience with Eaton systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
In the Fabrication Technician, Machine Operator role, you will fabricate parts from steel, aluminum and cast metals according to the specifications in the blueprints. You will effectively communicate and work with members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
This position is located on our 1st Shift. The hours are Monday through Friday, 7am – 3pm.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Work from travel document, blueprints and oral or written instructions in order to setup, operate and perform periodic maintenance on a variety of machines including the shear, Finn Power, Prima, Horizontal Press Brakes/Benders, and Trumpf Laser
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- Responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- Cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.