Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED.
- Prefer 5 years full time experience as a Craftsperson in Industrial Maintenance or Construction Projects.
- Associate degrees, military training, and/or related experience preferred.
- Be a self-starter who is skilled in troubleshooting and repair of state-of-the-art process equipment.
- Ability to read and understand equipment technical drawings.
- Position requires strong mechanical maintenance skills in troubleshooting and repair of production machinery and equipment.
- Prefer experience in a chemical plant environment.
- Prefer welding skills.
- Knowledge of Nylon areas a plus.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer PC skills. SAP, MS Officie.
- High Speed Winding Experience a plus.
- Precision maintenance background a plus
- Ability to work rotating shifts
BASIC ASSESSMENT: SC WorkKeys Math, Reading, and Locating with a score of 4 or higher. Electrical Skills and Mechanical Aptitude.
- Problem Solving: Probes all fruitful sources for answers; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; can see hidden problems, uses rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions.
- Action Oriented: Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; seizes more opportunities than others; enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum amount of planning.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Integrity & Trust: Is seen as a direct and truthful individual; is widely trusted; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Must work where the noise level requires hearing protection.
- May be exposed to various hazards such as corrosive chemicals (acetic acid for autoclave acid boil), steam, molten polymer, equipment related dangers, etc.
- Routine safety equipment: long sleeves, safety shoes, hard hat, ear plugs/muffs, safety glasses
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull buggies or carts up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to carry 25 lbs. or less.
- Capable of climbing flights of stairs or ladders.
- Working at heights
- Capable of walking/standing 8-10 hours per day.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and repair of state-of-the-art process equipment. Utilize integrated computerized maintenance management software in our operations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed.)
- Install, adjust, repair, alter, operate, inspect, lubricate, and maintain both electrical and mechanical units in accordance with diagrams, prints, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturer's specifications and plant operation and inspection schedules. Such equipment includes pumps, conveyer systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, motors, generators, transformers, inverters and instruments which ensure and control temperature, pressure, level, flow, etc.
- Repair all thermal insulation required for pipe and equipment operation.
- Observe mechanical and electrical devices in operation and, by listening to, making various tests and/or, through skill gained in previous experience, determine whether or not a malfunction exists. In the case of malfunction, decide on and implement a course of action necessary to correct the condition.
- Install, repair and service lightening. Perform the necessary rigging to handle equipment and parts, such as motors, fans and other heavy equipment.
- . :.,;· - ... :) ·.:.. :::...
- Operate, maintain, and repair all machine tools, both hand and power, and shop equipment including drill press, etc., as required.
- Coordinate the work of, and trains other Mechanics and Trainees on specific jobs as required.
- Maintain knowledge and skill levels through continuing education in mechanical maintenance
- Comply with all safety/health related policies and procedures, participate in company sponsored safety programs and activities, and report to management those conditions or actions by employees or others that might create a hazard to themselves or others in the plant. Reports any work-related injury or illness, no matter how minor, to their supervisor or lead.
- Maintain housekeeping on assigned machines and in areas.
- Assist in machine start-ups and shutdowns.
- Must be able to work call-ins, unscheduled hours, and overtime as needed.
Apply on company website.
1515 Hwy 246 S.
Greenwood, SD 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.