Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2020
Organization: Diana Pet Food
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Diana Pet Food offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, long and short term benefits. Holiday pay, vacation and personal time paid time off.
· Associate degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or a related field preferred
· Mandatory to have 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment.
· Hands on experience in establishing/maintaining document and record control systems.
· Proficient in various software systems like Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Microsoft Project or like project software program
- To maintain the standard of work, and work output as set by the supervisor
- Review work order specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, extracting, forming, pressing and compacting materials to produce product
- Monitor machine operations and observes indicator lights and gauges, such as thermometers, voltage meters and timers to detect malfunctions
- Review work order specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, extracting, and forming
- To determine equipment problems, shortage of parts or plant failure and bring any deficiencies to the attention of the maintenance supervisor or production supervisor if the defect will affect the production
- To wear and maintain in a good shape your Personal Protective Equipment
- To learn and adapt to new duties/functions
- To maintain all standards set by regulatory
- To ensure all operations staff is trained on safe food handling requirements to include knowledge of GMPs and HACCP.
- To ensure all operations staff understands intervals in the process that may present food safety risks and understand what actions should be taken in such events
GENERAL SKILLS / DUTIES:
- Respond quickly to deficiencies found in preventative maintenance inspections
- Proactively fix and repair machines
- Have a license to use a forklift
- Work under the responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor or Delegate
- Execute the following tasks: - Insure the product quality comply at 100% with the set levels, and try to solve directly any quality issues within your level of skill
- Participate in maintenance performance improvements (quality, safety, production)
- Ensure that you work in safe conditions for yourself and others working with you
- Identify, register, and correct all malfunctions and inform the Production Supervisor
- Safety conscious and willingness to follow safety rules
- General attitude to company standard
- Have general mechanical abilities
- Have knowledge of basic electricity for motors, starters and switches
- Be able to monitor equipment for proper operation: analyse, evaluate and solve any kind of problem related to the equipment
- Be able to conduct preventive maintenance
- Be able to make necessary adjustments or repairs on equipment
- Have MIG and TIG welding abilities (appreciated but not necessary)
- Assist repair, construction and modification of equipment.
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.