Manufacturing Technician (ME Tech)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 3, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution OR 2 years of prior manufacturing experience and a high school diploma from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering).
- Experience with LEAN concepts/applications such as 5S+, Standard Work and Value Stream Mapping.
- Knowledge and/or experience leading projects, conducting analysis for root cause identification, and understanding how to identify problems and reach resolutions is beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in AutoCAD or Inventor
- Must be able to travel as necessary (up to 10%) to effectively interface with customers and other related contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Proficient with computers and programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must work somewhat independently and make decisions that affect the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Able to direct and influence others without formal leadership authority.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate/train others within team environment.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: This position is based at the Maxwell Ave. facility.
In the Manufacturing Technician role, you will plan and perform a variety of lean manufacturing activities for the entire facility including but not limited to: 5S+, Employee Suggestion Program, Rapid Improvement Events, lead continuous improvement projects and project teams with responsibility of improving flow and reducing operating costs, through use of continuous improvement building blocks that are focused around Eaton’s Business System Pull projects and Continuous Improvement Framework deployment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects by utilizing ELSS, EQS and MESH tools to improve productivity, quality and safety.
- Specify, design, quote, install, and debug equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement framework, concepts, and product capabilities in assigned manufacturing areas.
- Develop and implement improvements for manufacturing and business processes; develop and implement improvements through improved layouts and material handling procedures.
- Assist hourly personnel and supervisors in their efforts to improve their operations.
- Use SPC and other techniques to improve product quality and to troubleshoot equipment; oversee repairs or modifications as required.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee changes and upgrades to the manufacturing facility.
- Train hourly operators in the use of continuous improvement concepts.
- Develop and implement safety, health, ergonomics, and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility.
- You will serve on special committees and manufacturing area teams to help improve the plant operation and work environment to meet strategic goals and objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
310 Maxwell Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.