Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 23, 2019
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School diploma (or equivalent) and four years' experience in construction and maintenance trades activities.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, kneeling and working at heights. Working conditions are often outside in hot, cold and inclement weather. Exposure to dusty conditions, cleaning agents and other chemicals.
- Statewide travel is required with overnight stays.
- Thorough knowledge of tools,equipment and materials used in construction and maintenance. Working knowledge and competency in carpentry, electrical, and plumbing trades.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, understand written instructions, and direct subordinates on projects.
- Possess a valid SC drivers license.
Construction and/or renovations to SCPRT facilities and maintenance to buildings and grounds.
- Performs Historic Restoration projects involving, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.
- Assists Construction Manager with planning and staging of materials and job phases to help ensure tasks are performed in an efficient manner.
- Properly maintains tools and equipment on a daily basis. Stores tools in proper locations and periodically checks for any defective or broken tools.
- Supervises and directs subordinates on Construction and Maintenance projects.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and external stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: SCPRT Central Office with regular statewide travel.
Forty hours weekly.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201