Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Organization: New Horizon Family Health Services
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Education - Must have successfully completed High School or GED equivalent. Completion of Medical Office Assistant Program.
• Must have working knowledge and skill in the application of the techniques and practices of the nursing profession.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Working knowledge of dietetics, sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions in detail.
• Must be able to maintain legible nursing records and patient charts.
• Must be able to gain the confidence and cooperation of patients and to work effectively with them.
• Must be capable of establishing and maintaining effective/productive working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
• Is responsible for daily patient phone messages and reminder calls.
• Will assist as needed to complete patient referrals.
• All MOA staff members are required to complete initial EHR training and participate in scheduled updates ensuring staff communication and continuity of patient care.
• Cares for patients in accordance with instructions given by DON/MD/Charge Nurse.
• Reads patient’s vital signs - temperature, pulse, blood pressure, records as required.
• Administers treatment (general) as directed by supervisor.
• Gives injections under the supervision and orders of a Medical Doctor.
• Performs special duties including record keeping, assisting in the examining room, making patient appointments, and scheduling referrals.
• Participates in in-service training opportunities as required.
• Provides comfort and support to patients awaiting medical treatment/those having received medical attention.
• Assists in the maintenance of clean and safe examining rooms.
• Under the direct supervision of the Licensed Nurse and the indirect supervision of the lab supervisor, the Medical Office Assistant will perform certain lab tests and controls as indicated.
975 W. Faris Rd
Greenville, SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.