Park Ranger III
Date Posted: September 21, 2021
Deadline: September 28, 2021
Organization: SCPRT/Dreher Island State Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $32,800 annually.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with two years experience as a Park Ranger or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Knowledge of park operations, to include maintenance and administrative functions. The ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required.
2) Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law.
3) Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in his/her absence.
1) Supervises and directs other full and part-time employees as directed by the Park Manager.
2) Assists with the administrative activities to include, but not limited to, receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and making payments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
3) Manages specific operational activities to include supervising specific areas such as retail sales, day use areas, camping, other overnight accommodations or special use facilities.
4) Assists with long and short term maintenance planning and provides required reports. Makes frequent inspections to assure satisfactory conditions.
5) Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within established limits and in accordance with department policy.
6) Plans, directs and may conduct maintenance activities on grounds, facilities and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to the standards set forth by the Park Service.
7) Performs continuous public relation activities and educational and recreational activities as required.
8) Practice and promote teamwork within the SC State Park Service and Dreher Island State Park, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Dreher Island State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency provided housing.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
3677 State Park Road
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.