Part Time Warehouse Agent
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
- High school diploma or GED supplemented with a technical college diploma and at least (1) one to (2) two years in in inventory control or public purchasing; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must have ability to obtain training certificates in Public Purchasing and Material Management.
- Forklift Operator Certification preferred; ability to attain within the first 90 days.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, less than 24 hours/week and mid-day shifts as needed.
- SC Driver’s License
- Processes purchases and posts charges to correct department ledgers; assists with ordering and purchasing supplies.
- Organizes and directs warehouse operation which involves maintaining systematic inventory records, accounting for receipt and issuance of materials, submitting monthly reports, and handling the responsibility for maintenance and control of central uniform issuance and MSDS sheets.
- Handles vendor contact and ensures prices stay competitive for vendor rates for City supplies. Conducts year end closing activities including disposal of surplus and physical count of inventory.
- Receives, prepares, reviews and submits various reports and records that include purchase receipts, packing slips, water bulk reports, tickets, vouchers and general office supplies.
- Ability to operate a wide range of tools, equipment, and vehicles. Including, but not limited to automobile, forklift, office equipment, wire cutters, tape measure, safety supplies, and hand truck. Computer software includes Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, Inventory-Logics, Financial general ledger – Logics.
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.