Date Posted: June 11, 2021
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Organization: Piedmont CMG
City: Ware Shoals
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Wages/Salary: Competitive wages - vary with experience. Rapid advancement opportunities based upon performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6-9 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one- on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to measure material using devices such as calipers and tape measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Can perform some setup duties and run production precision machines, generally with guidance. Performs daily duties to keep CNC machines running to meet manufacturing/quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read traveler package to determine what product is being produced, quantity, and revision.
- Conveys parts from CNC holding area.
- May be required to mark materials with identifying information, bar codes, part labels, and records amounts of parts or items received or distributed.
- Weighs, measures and/or counts parts to ensure counts.
- Required to use computer to enter records, track time and quantity
- Completes worksheets, inspection records, or other required information per customer specifications.
- Monitors process by means of in-process inspections
- Responsible for general work area housekeeping and safe work habits.
- Monitors process, make changes that will allow process to produce acceptable part.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Runs secondary equipment band saws, routers, and drill presses.
- Align and secure fixtures.
- Read set-up sheets and set tooling (end mills, drills, cutters.)
- Keeps scrap segregated, packages scrap identifies for transport.
- Takes ownership of job and quality.
- Confirm dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Follows Lockout/Tagout and all other OSHA requirements
Part-time: Flexible options for current students
3 Industrial Park Way
Ware Shoals, SC 29692
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.